The Spellbinder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk and let Talk, is your Right is their Right

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  AJFAJF  Medical SiteMedical Site  NewspapersNewspapers  Countries UNCountries UN  Songs InternationalSongs International  Songs ArabicSongs Arabic  Dictionary English ArabicDictionary English Arabic  AnswersAnswers  Flash EarthFlash Earth  TranslatorTranslator  

Socrates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joffre
Admin
Admin
Joffre

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Socrates Empty
PostSubject: Socrates   Socrates EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Socrates

Year of Birth: 469 BC
Year of Death: 399 BC
Nationality: Greek

Quotes

All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine.
Socrates

An honest man is always a child.
Socrates

As to marriage or celibacy, let a man take which course he will, he will be sure to repent.
Socrates

Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
Socrates

Beauty is a short-lived tyranny.
Socrates

Beauty is the bait which with delight allures man to enlarge his kind.
Socrates

Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
Socrates

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates

Children nowadays are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food and tyrannise their teachers.
Socrates

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
Socrates

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
Socrates

He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
Socrates

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates

I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean.
Socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Socrates

I was afraid that by observing objects with my eyes and trying to comprehend them with each of my other senses I might blind my soul altogether.
Socrates

I was really too honest a man to be a politician and live.
Socrates

If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
Socrates

If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
Socrates

If thou continuest to take delight in idle argumentation thou mayest be qualified to combat with the sophists, but will never know how to live with men.
Socrates

Let him that would move the world first move himself.
Socrates

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates

Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
Socrates

Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.
Socrates

One who is injured ought not to return the injury, for on no account can it be right to do an injustice; and it is not right to return an injury, or to do evil to any man, however much we have suffered from him.
Socrates

Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us.
Socrates

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
Socrates

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates

The poets are only the interpreters of the Gods.
Socrates

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Socrates

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is a habit.
Socrates

Wisdom begins in wonder.
Socrates
Back to top Go down
https://lamento.editboard.com

Socrates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Spellbinder :: Diversified Themes :: Famous Quotes-
Jump to: