The Spellbinder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk and let Talk, is your Right is their Right

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  AJFAJF  Medical SiteMedical Site  NewspapersNewspapers  Countries UNCountries UN  Songs InternationalSongs International  Songs ArabicSongs Arabic  Dictionary English ArabicDictionary English Arabic  AnswersAnswers  Flash EarthFlash Earth  TranslatorTranslator  

Jimmy Carter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joffre
Admin
Admin
Joffre

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Jimmy Carter Empty
PostSubject: Jimmy Carter   Jimmy Carter EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 9:56 am

Jimmy Carter

James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr. (born October 1, 1924) an American politician, was the 39th President of the United States (1977–1981) and the Nobel Peace laureate in 2002.

Quotes

A strong nation, like a strong person, can afford to be gentle, firm, thoughtful, and restrained. It can afford to extend a helping hand to others. It's a weak nation, like a weak person, that must behave with bluster and boasting and rashness and other signs of insecurity.
Jimmy Carter

Aggression unopposed becomes a contagious disease.
Jimmy Carter

America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense human rights invented America.
Jimmy Carter

An act of terrorism totally outside the bounds of international law and diplomatic tradition. a crisis that calls for firmness and restraint.
Jimmy Carter

For this generation, ours, life is nuclear survival, liberty is human rights, the pursuit of happiness is a planet whose resources are devoted to the physical and spiritual nourishment of its inhabitants.
Jimmy Carter

Government is a contrivance of human wisdom to provide for human wants. People have the right to expect that these wants will be provided for by this wisdom.
Jimmy Carter

Human rights is the soul of our foreign policy, because human rights is the very soul of our sense of nationhood.
Jimmy Carter

I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming.
Jimmy Carter

I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A. I wouldn't say it's the cause of terrorism, but it has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts.
Jimmy Carter

I thought then, and I think now, that the invasion of Iraq was unnecessary and unjust. And I think the premises on which it was launched were false.
Jimmy Carter

I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.
Jimmy Carter

If you fear making anyone mad, then you ultimately probe for the lowest common denominator of human achievement.
Jimmy Carter

In this outward and physical ceremony we attest once again to the inner and spiritual strength of our Nation. As my high school teacher, Miss Julia Coleman, used to say: 'We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.'
Jimmy Carter

It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.
Jimmy Carter

Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.
Jimmy Carter

My decision to register women confirms what is already obvious throughout our society-that women are now providing all types of skills in every profession. The military should be no exception.
Jimmy Carter

The experience of democracy is like the experience of life itself-always changing, infinite in its variety, sometimes turbulent and all the more valuable for having been tested by adversity.
Jimmy Carter

There should be an honest attempt at the reconciliation of differences before resorting to combat.
Jimmy Carter

To deal with individual human needs at the everyday level can be noble sometimes.
Jimmy Carter

We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.
Jimmy Carter

We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles.
Jimmy Carter

We should live our lives as though Christ were coming this afternoon.
Jimmy Carter

We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
Jimmy Carter

What has happened at Guantanamo Bay... does not represent the will of the American people. I'm embarrassed about it, I think its wrong. I think it does give terrorists an unwarranted excuse to use the despicable means to hurt innocent people.
Jimmy Carter

Wherever life takes us, there are always moments of wonder.
Jimmy Carter

You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.
Jimmy Carter

You can't divorce religious belief and public service I've never detected any conflict between God's will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other.
Jimmy Carter
Back to top Go down
https://lamento.editboard.com

Jimmy Carter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Spellbinder :: Diversified Themes :: Famous Quotes-
Jump to: